A few PETSCII pieces I've made!

Hello, I want to share a few text mode pieces I've made. I make almost exclusively PETSCII pieces, and currently dabbling in AMSCII, too.

takiyasha_kuniyoshi_VICE.png

After "Mitsukuni Defying the Skeleton Spectre Invoked by Princess Takiyasha"

'

SMAN_vice.png
Salman and the Gang

'

chaosengine_VICE.png
Chaos Engine Dino

'

durerrhino_VICE.png
Durer's Rhinoceros

'

See more and download the .prg files at CSDB!

These are all really great, Chris! You use this medium so effectively, so much character in them!

bc519d36-4ac4-44b5-81c1-ae930ab61d15-image.png - 9117c9a4-e8e6-492f-91f1-227b7ecc2cdf-image.png - 34541ac8-f1f4-4f23-8c54-469e5ce48dbc-image.png - 45905eb0-2345-47b6-971f-9d625085eecf-image.png

Thanks a bunch, Adam! It's been about a year since I started making these, and I like how it's a bit like using tiles or metaclusters for pixel art. It really makes me appreciate clusters more.

pug_VICE.png
Bonus pug

'
WIP animation:

@adam said in A few PETSCII pieces I've made!:

These are all really great, Chris! You use this medium so effectively, so much character in them!

Please tell me this pun was intentional.

@ckelsallpxls Really like the ukiyo-e piece, recognized it pretty quickly. I never thought of combining ukiyo-e and low-spec art but it makes a lot of sense given the flat shading and how geometric the designs are a lot of the time. With no real knowledge of textmode, your work is really fun to look at because it's so playful.

@juniperdusk Thank you! I do think there are some affinities between intaglio and pixel art/text mode. The way I see and use characters are as pre-set pixel clusters (meta-clusters), which can also double as dither/interpolation in some cases.

@adam Cheers! I'm glad you like this type of stuff 😉

@polyducks said in A few PETSCII pieces I've made!:

@adam said in A few PETSCII pieces I've made!:

Please tell me this pun was intentional.

:-vegetasmirk-:

@ckelsallpxls said in A few PETSCII pieces I've made!:

@juniperdusk Thank you! I do think there are some affinities between intaglio and pixel art/text mode. The way I see and use characters are as pre-set pixel clusters (meta-clusters), which can also double as dither/interpolation in some cases.

@adam Cheers! I'm glad you like this type of stuff 😉

Hahaha but for real, they truly do have a lot of personality. Excited to see what you do next with this!

bc519d36-4ac4-44b5-81c1-ae930ab61d15-image.png - 9117c9a4-e8e6-492f-91f1-227b7ecc2cdf-image.png - 34541ac8-f1f4-4f23-8c54-469e5ce48dbc-image.png - 45905eb0-2345-47b6-971f-9d625085eecf-image.png

@adam Thanks!

For those interested, I've submitted an entry for the following events taking place today:

This looks great!